XPEL Ultimateᵀᴹ Product Information
(10 Year Warranty)
Poly Urethane Paint Protection film also know as a 'Clear Mask' or PPF, not to be confused with Plastic Vinyl.
The global paint protection film market is expected to reach USD 1.49 billion by 2022.The growth of automotive industry coupled with rising consumer awareness regarding car protection is expected to remain key factors driving the market growth.
Global paint protection film market size was valued at USD 863.8 million in 2014. Rapidly expanding automotive industry particularly in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global paint protection film market.
Paint Protection film:
Paint Protection Film was originally developed for the US military in the mid 80’s to increase the lifespan of very expensive surfaces on jet aircrafts leading edges, landing lights and helicopter rotor blades due to the tremendous potential damage caused by sand, rocks, sleet, and even rain at high speeds, and to reduce maintenance costs.
With the involvement of the US in the Gulf War in the 90’s, its military‘s helicopters proved to be invaluable for transportation as well as attack and defence rolls. It was proved that the lifespan of the helicopter rotor blades could be dramatically increased by utilising polyurethane films in the harsh, sandy environment of the Arabian Peninsula.
Despite the fact that the aesthetics of the polyurethane film (or TPU) used at that time left much to be desired, it’s outstanding resistance and potential to be utilised for more than just the “Helicopter Tape” as it affectionately became known as by military personnel and those in the aircraft industry, became increasingly apparent.
Due to the increasing demand, todays films developed over the years to protect more aesthetically critical surfaces are highly flexible with high gloss and clarity and an incredible lifespan, compared to the films used 30 years ago.
TPU also exhibit biocompatibility, hydrolytic stability, optical clarity, plus flame retardant and anti-static properties.
More about our film:
- A 200 microns thick, Transparent Poly Urethane (TPU) Paint Protection Film which is cut or pre-cut (depending on option chosen or availability of Pre-Cut kits), is fitted, not applied like other chemical type solutions;
- Provides advanced protection against chips and scratches to areas where it is has been fitted;
- The product has a High gloss (non-orange peel surface effect) and thus has a very similar surface texture to your vehicles painted surface, this is thanks to a clear coat, which also helps prevent yellowing;
- The film is not applied with a Heat-Gun like our competitors, thus;
- It can be removed (by a trained person) on request and nominal call out fee, we use a combination of soap water and alcohol gel, ensuring that your vehicles paint is not damaged when removing the film neither does it leave a sticky glue behind, ask any Panel Beater and they will tell you, this has been a major discouraging factor for most Panel beaters, up to now;
- It is a timeous, precise and very Labour intensive process;
- Retains its durability, flexibility & elasticity;
Whether you want to cover only your head lights, prone area of your bonnet or your whole vehicle, we can tailor make a Custom Paint Protection package just for you.
Visit our Film Manufacturer's Website to view the kit availability for your car.
Partial Front (Recommended & most commonly chosen option, depending on vehicle shape):
Includes: 50-60cm of Bonnet (compared to 20cm of our opposition) and coinciding fender strips, head & fog/DRL lights, front bumper, side mirror backs, boot sill (Takes approximately 6 hours for fitment)
Includes: Full Bonnet, full front side fenders, head & fog/DRL lights, front bumper, side mirror backs, boot sill (Takes approximately 5 hours for fitment)